The request to out-process through the Joint Service Vehicle Registration Office (JSVRO) using a SPOA is submitted to JSVRO on Camp Foster. Its sole purpose is for out-processing while leaving a SPOA to another self-sponsored SOFA member to dispose of your vehicle within 90 days of your departure.
The approval process is handled case by case and may take three to five business days to complete. Please plan accordingly.
The requestor must meet all requirements prior to waiver being approved.
1. The requestor must have the request letter signed off by Battalion Commander (XO with by direction authority
2. Current GoJ inspection also known as a Japanese Title for the vehicle
3. Current year Road Tax receipt (request periods covering Road Tax season must have a plan of action to insure the tax is paid
4. Current JCI coverage.
5. Current PDI coverage.
1. Fill out the request letter as outlined above. Please keep in mind JSVRO deals with all SOFA personnel on island and does not favor one branch’s format. The blocks above are laid out for the ease of JSVRO staff to complete data entry and validation requirements. The rest of the template should be in your organization’s format.
2. After the request letter is signed, bring the letter and all supporting vehicle documents to JSVRO for the endorsement.
3. Once you have received JSVRO’s endorsement you will be able to have Legal Services draw up the SPOA.
4. Return to JSVRO with the request letter, the commander endorsement and the signed copy of the SPOA. JSVRO will make copies and sign you checkout sheet.
5. Original documents must be retain with SPOA holder to dispose of the vehicle within 90 days.