ID Card Center
The official website of Marine Corps Base Camp Butler ID Card Center, offering RAPIDS/DEERS support to service members, federal civilians, MLCs, contractors and their families in the western Pacific.
Welcome to the MCB Butler ID Card Center website! This is your one-stop-shop for information regarding DEERS and ID card issuance for the USMC on Okinawa.

Location and Phone Number:

We are located on Camp Foster/Butler IPAC Bldg #5699 RM #127.

Phone: (315) 647-1018


Camp Foster ID Card Services (Appointment ONLY)

Due to COVID 19 the following services are by appointment only:

Promotion CAC’s, Expiring CAC’s, Expiring USID’s (Dependent/Retiree ID’s)


Camp Foster ID Card Services (Walk-Ins)

The following services are available for walk-ins during normal business hours. No walk-ins will be taken after 1600 Hrs. CAC Blocked/Pin Reset, New Employee CAC, Email/Credential Updates, DEER’s updates, Newborn Enrollments, Agent Letters, 100% Disabled Vet ID’s, DD Form 1172-2.


ID Card Appointment Website:

Appointments can be made at > Select make appointment > Enter location (Chatan) > Select 50 miles in radius search > Select search > Scroll down to select desired DEER’s location > Select schedule an appointment > Search calendar for available appointment slots > Click on date and select book appointment with available time slots > Fill in required information and save > Confirmation email will be sent to email address provided. Please book one appointment per transaction to ensure the appropriate amount of time is available.


Identification Requirements:

ALL Sponsors, Spouses and Dependent Children ages 18 years and older must provide two unexpired forms of ID to receive a new ID card. One must be a unexpired State/Government issued Photo ID.


Acceptable Identification Examples:

Primary: Military ID, Driver's License, State ID, Passport. Secondary: A second Primary ID, Social Security Card, Voter's Registration Card, Birth Certificate, or Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC). All must be unexpired in original form.


Foreign Documentation:

All foreign documents MUST have a certified English translation (if applicable) and an Apostille or Consular certification. Contact the document issuing facility to obtain authentication certification.


Expiring CAC’s

CAC’s will be renewed no earlier than 90 days out from expiration date. Emergency situations will be taken into consideration and approved by ID card supervisor.  


Expiring USID’s (Dependent/Retiree ID’s)

USID’s will be renewed no earlier than 90 days out from expiration date. Emergency situations will be taken into consideration and approved by ID card supervisor. 


New Employee CAC (Civilian/NAF)

Documents Required: Completed DD Form 1172-2 signed by the Civilian Personnel Office, Letter of Employment and two valid forms of identification.


New Employee CAC (Contractor)

The Trusted Agent (TA) for the contractor’s sponsoring organization must add the contractor to DEERS through the Trusted Associate Sponsorship System (TASS) before a CAC can be issued. Documents Required: Letter of Authorization, Completed DD Form 1172-2 signed by authorized signatory and two valid forms of identification.


Promotion CAC’s:

Appointments made for the 1st day of the month in regards to promotion, needs to be made after 14:00 to allocate for Eastern Standard Time to switch to the current day. (E.G. If it is Oct 01, 0800hrs JST in Okinawa in the US it is still September 30) If you are promoted 10 days or less prior to your appointment please bring your promotion warrant for verification purposes.


SMARTCARD is Blocked vs ACCOUNT is Locked:

If you receive an error of "Smart Card is Blocked" Please visit our office to "Unblock" your CAC (Pin Reset). However, if the error states "Account is Locked or Disabled", please contact your local Network Support to "Unlock" your Account.


Lost or Stolen CAC:

All personnel (Military/Civilian) whose CAC’s have been lost or stolen must bring a Minor Offense Report from the Provost Marshall Office or Memorandum for Record from sponsoring agency signed by a supervisor reporting it was or lost/stolen.


Lost or Stolen Dependent/Retiree ID:

PMO report not required. Sponsor must be present to sign 1172-2 for new ID card. Two valid forms of ID’s are also required for dependents 18 years of age and older.


Updating DEERS Record:

Sponsor must be present or a valid Power of Attorney will be required for all record updates. Valid supporting documentation must also be provided.


Adding Spouse to DEERS:

When adding a spouse to DEERS, the sponsor must bring the following documents for their spouse: Marriage Certificate, birth certificate, social security card and a valid photo ID.


Adding children to DEERS:

Sponsor or Sponsors (Dual Military) must be present. Required Documentation: Marriage Certificate/License, Birth Certificate or Proof of Birth, Social Security card (If Available). Stepchild: Marriage Certificate required. Illegitimate child: Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity or Judicial Determination of Paternity is required.


Full Time College Students:

Sponsor must present a letter from the school's registrar office stating currently enrolled or registered as a full time student. School must be an accredited college and student must be in pursuit of an Associate Degree or higher. Sponsors must also certify on the 1172-2 form that they are providing over 50% to support the child.


Dependents without Sponsor Present:

All Dependents without a Sponsor present must have a valid DD Form 1172-2 pre-printed by a DEERS station that has been signed by the Sponsor and a Verifying Official ahead of time. These signed 1172-2 are valid 90 days from signature date. Power of Attorney accepted but must state DEER’s or Military ID card related transactions.


100% Disabled American Veteran ID:

Following documents are required: DD214 Member copy 4 (Must state Honorable Discharged), VA Award letter reflecting Commissary and Exchange privileges, Valid State or Federal Government Issued Photo ID and Social Security Card.


Navy Personnel Alternate Tokens Request:

Due to limitations with Active Directory, the Common Access Card (CAC) can only be used for network logon to one account. For Navy personnel requiring the need to maintain two accounts, and, please visit the following link for more information:

Camp Foster
Bldg 5699, Rm 127
DSN 315-647-1018 Opt 1
Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri: 0730 - 1630
Thursday: 0730 - 1400
Appointments in AM/PM
Walk-In Hours: 1130-1300
MCAS Futenma
Bldg 406, Rm 102
DSN 315-647-1018 Opt 6
Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri: 0730 - 1630
   *closed 45 minutes for lunch
Thursday: 0730 - 1000
Camp Kinser
Bldg 107, Rm 177
DSN 315-647-1018 Opt 3
Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri: 0730 - 1630
   *closed 45 minutes for lunch
Thursday: 0730 - 1000
Camp Schwab
Bldg 3513, Rm 110
DSN 315-647-1018 Opt 4
Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri: 0730 - 1630
   *closed 45 minutes for lunch
Thursday: 0730 - 1000
Camp Hansen
Bldg 2109
DSN 315-647-1018 Opt 5
Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri: 0730 - 1630
   *closed 45 minutes for lunch
Thursday: 0730 - 1000
Camp Courtney
Bldg 4301, Rm 108
DSN 315-647-1018 Opt 2
Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri: 0730 - 1630
   *closed 45 minutes for lunch
Thursday: 0730 - 1000
**Last customer is taken 30 minutes prior to closing.**
Marine Corps Base Camp Butler